You wish to begin with vocational training or university studies? Or are you looking for work in Germany? We will be glad to advise you in a personal interview.
How to contact us:
- By telephone at +49 (0)800 4 5555 00
- Using our Contact Form
Whether you are permitted to work in Germany depends upon a number of different criteria:
- If you come from the European Union (EU), are a citizen of the European Economic Area (EEA) or of Switzerland, you may work and look for work in Germany without any restrictions.
- If you are from a country outside the EU and are a so-called third-country national, you require one of the following documents:
- A residence permit
- A visa
- The so-called Blue Card EU
- A settlement permit or authorisation to take up permanent residence in the EU
Should you have any questions you may contact us by telephone: +49 (0)228 13 2000.
For other groups of persons the following applies:
- Asylum seekers and tolerated persons may, as a general rule, commence work after a waiting period of three months after their arrival. For this they require permission from the foreign nationals authority.
- Recognised asylum seekers may work or become self-employed without any restrictions.
If you already have skills in a particular profession, draw on these experiences when looking for work. Please inform us of your skills and experiences in a personal interview. These may help you along your professional path. Your professional skills may be established with the aid of certain offers such as Perspectives for Migrants (Perspektive für Flüchtlinge, PerF), by the way. Speak to us about this!
What is to be taken into account should your professional activity be interrupted for a lengthier period of time?
Your return to professional life needs to be carefully planned and prepared. Does your personal situation mean that childcare is necessary? Are you interested in part-time work, working for a temporary job agency or a mini-job? Our equal opportunity officers will be pleased to answer your questions and offer you support in your return to the labour market.