Germany is a popular destination for domestic and international visitors. This means that the hotel and restaurant industry is an important and growing industry in Germany.
Many factors contribute to this success:
- our unique central location in the heart of Europe
- highly extensive infrastructure
- an excellent price-performance ratio in terms of international comparison
- a varied offering for business travellers, people who love the great outdoors, city travellers and those seeking relaxation.
The hotels and restaurants in Germany offer a variety of opportunities: You can
- work for a season or on a long-term basis in the mountains or by the sea and get to know our beautiful country
- develop at a personal and professional level
- create new foundations for your career.
The Central International and Specialist Mediation Service (ZAV) is part of the Federal Employment Agency, and supports occupational mobility in Europe and beyond. We advise and support you if you are interested in working, studying or embarking on an apprenticeship in Germany. Our services are independent, neutral and free of charge.
Do you like the idea of serving others?
Do you have a qualification in one of these occupations?
These are the apprenticeship occupations for the industry in Germany:
- Chef (Watch our short video)
- Specialist - restaurants and event catering
- Hotel management (Watch our short video)
- Food service specialist (Watch our short video)
Do you have professional experience in any of the following areas?
If you already have relevant experience in one of these roles, many hotels and restaurants will also be interested:
- Housekeeping assistant
- Kitchen assistant
To work in these roles, you require EU citizenship. Knowledge of German is helpful and necessary for certain jobs.
We can support you in finding a suitable job!
German language skills are usually expected for work in the hospitality industry (according to the European framework of reference):
- for kitchen work, the minimum language level is A2
- for service, B1/B2
- for reception, C1.
Citizens of the European Union, Norway or Iceland are eligible to apply for financial support through a European funding programme, e.g. for language learning or travel expenses. Please do not hesitate to contact us! We will be pleased to inform you in detail.
Here’s what’s on offer:
- Regular full-time or part-time employment contracts for a period of 3 months (seasonal), one-year contracts or permanent contracts.
- Fixed salary for qualified specialists starting from approx. 2000 euros gross/month, depending on the wage agreement (according to location, qualifications and experience); extra pay for working on public holidays and night shifts as well as the standard industry tips.
- The work is frequently in international teams.
- Staff accommodation is often provided (for example, up to 3 people in a shared apartment with a shared kitchen and a shared bathroom), catering is often provided at reasonable prices as well.
- Additional discounts (for example, free wi-fi, use of hotel facilities such as gym or swimming pool, subsidised public transport tickets, etc.).
- Possibility to improve your communication skills and German language skills.
- The opportunity to get to know interesting places and tourist sights and to make new friendships.
Are you interested? – Then apply now!
Send us your current CV:
What will happen after your application?
We will contact you, send you the information you need and assist you in finding a job.
We will support and accompany you on your journey to finding a job in Germany.
If possible, we will make contact with potential employers with whom you can arrange an online interview so that you can get to know them better. In other cases, you are welcome to apply for interesting vacancies directly at the organisations.
Once you are in contact with the employer, you can clarify the details of the possible employment contract. The exact conditions of employment differ slightly for each job and each employer. Please ask about them if you are in contact with a company and arrange for the conditions to be sent to you by email.
You are welcome to contact us if you have any questions
- about application documents (CV and covering letter)
- about German courses and the availability of support
- about how to prepare for interviews
We are also able to provide advice on the topic of training and support with finding an apprenticeship !
Are you interested in embarking on an apprenticeship in one of these interesting occupations?