The games industry in Germany is particularly young and dynamic – the average games company in Germany is just 7 years old, and half of games companies are less than 5 years old.
One distinctive feature of the German games industry is that games companies are distributed throughout Germany. Of course, the concentrations of games companies are somewhat higher in large cities such as Berlin, Hamburg, Munich or Cologne, but on the whole, games companies have offices in many different locations.
Additionally, the games industry is particularly diverse. The high percentage of employees without German citizenship is a positive stand-out: it is an impressive 27 per cent in the games industry. One reason for this is the fact that the industry has to meet some of its demand for highly specialised employees by hiring experts from abroad. The highly globalized nature of games companies also plays a role here.
Requirements for an application
In general, we are looking for:
- 3+ years of professional experience.
- Languages: Very good written and spoken communication skills in English; German is a plus.
- Passion for the games industry and an understanding of market trends and styles.
Requirements for an application:
The job offers below provide information about the desired applicant profile. The individual technical skills are specified by each employer.
Take your chance to gain experience in one of the world’s leading games countries. We are looking forward to your registration:
- Games-Industry-Job-Offer-09-Egosoft_Universe,Level Designer
- Games-Industry-Job-Offer-13-Kalypso_Senior_Unreal Engine_Programmer
- Games-Industry-Job-Offer-17-Ubisoft_Associate Producer_Senior_Level
- Games-Industry-Job-Offer-24- Ubisoft_Technical_Artist_(Beyond_Good_and_Evil_2)
- Games-Industry-Job-Offer-25- Ubisoft_UI_Artist_(Tom_Clancy's_Rainbow_Six_Siege)
The job profiles below provide information about the required qualifications: